Table of Contents
1. Error 20007
2. Error 20000
3. Error 20003
4. Repair VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLES
6. Advanced Troubleshooting
CLIENT VERSION IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE SERVER VERSION, LAUNCHER RESTART IS REQUIRED
At times the Launcher will not function as intended. Fortunately, we have a few suggestions on how to resolve this matter.
In general, please make sure that:
- You are logged in to Windows to your administrator account
- This is not the same as running the file as an Administrator
- There is no Compatibility Mode enabled in the File Properties of the launcher.
- Please use: Right-Click -> Run As Admin if necessary.
- You have the most recent, stable Windows 10 release (20H2 or any of the previous two releases - 2004 or 1909). Please note that the Insider Preview versions are not supported!
- For more information please check the following link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/release-information
- The game folder is added to the Exclusion List of your antivirus and Firewall (including Bitdefender). Please make sure that the whole game folder is added, as having the launcher or the game client executable files alone are not enough.
- If you cannot reach our website in your browser (playkakaogames.com) you will not be able to start the game.
CLIENT HAS CRASHED
If your game is freezing, crashing, or just closing without showing any particular message, there may be a problem with the client files. You can repair your installation by following the steps:
- Start the game launcher and log in
- Press on the cogwheel icon in the Lower Right corner:
- Click on the “Click to Start” button next to the “Repair Mode” :
The game will then re-download the missing/corrupted files. Please note that this will only download files that are needed. It will not re-download the entire game.
CORRUPTED DIRECTX INSTALLATION/DIRECTX INITIALIZATION ERROR
If you aren’t able to start the game in spite of the game file repair above, your DirectX installation may be corrupted.
While the smaller web-installer version of DirectX cannot repair a broken installation, the bigger actual DirectX distribution can.
Please download the full DirectX redistributable package here, extract it to a folder, and run the "DXSETUP.exe" from there.
When the repair/install is completed, please try to run the game again.
REPAIR VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLES
Other than DirectX, the Visual C++ Redist. packages are required to be able to run Elyon. Make sure these are installed and/or repaired.
- Download all the Visual C++ Redistributables here.
- Make sure to download both the x64 and x86 versions.
- Once the download is completed, run the executable files and choose Repair.
- If there is no Repair option, proceed with the normal installation using the on-screen instructions.
- Once the repair/installation is completed, restart your computer.
If you have performed the basic troubleshooting steps to no avail, please try the following:
- If you have any "overlaying" program installed, like Geforce experience, MSI afterburner, Skype etc. please disable them
- Disable any GUI/Taskbar / start menu skins / modifications
- Delete the content of the C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Temp
- Make a new Administrator user account on your PC/Windows and try to run the game on that. Please do not enable any programs other than the drivers. A guide on how to do this can be found here!
- In the meantime can you please try a clean boot, this error can be caused by other programs blocking Xigncode from running. A guide on how to do this can be found here!