Table of Contents
1. How to Flush your DNS & Reset Your TCP/IP
2. How to Change your DNS
3. VPN Usage
If you find yourself suffering from lag or your game goes to a “reconnecting screen” frequently, you might be suffering from connectivity issues.
You may additionally experience one of the following error messages:
20005 - Abnormal disconnection from the server
20008 - Did not receive a response from the launcher
20009 - Did not receive a response from server
20010 - Failed to connect to the game server
Keep in mind that this does not mean that your Internet Service is fully faulty, only that your connection is having problems reaching our servers! Contacting your ISP support is always a good option as their experts can help you improve your connectivity.
Nevertheless, if contacting your ISP is not an option, you will find troubleshooting options and instructions below.
HOW TO FLUSH YOUR DNS & RESET YOUR TCP/IP
Your system will automatically collect and store IP addresses and other DNS results to speed up subsequent requests it makes to the same hostname. This is perfectly normal, but at times bad or corrupted results will also be stored and they need to be cleared from your cache to communicate with hosts correctly.
Similar to this, your TCP/IP settings may become corrupted and need resetting.
To clear your DNS cache and reset your TCP/IP settings, follow these steps:
- From Windows Start, search for "cmd".
- Right Click on Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator.
- In the console, type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
- If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache":
- Afterwards, type: netsh int ip reset
- Once done, restart your computer as prompted.
- This will generally make your connection feel a lot smoother and may resolve the issue at hand that you are encountering with Elyon.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR DNS
DNS (Domain Name Server) is what "matches" your everyday links to the internet with an actual IP address. In the worst-case scenario, when using a bad DNS the requests you make to our domains will not be answered because they don't reach their destination.
To make sure this does not happen, use one of these three suggested DNS providers
Google Public DNS (aka 188.8.131.52)
Cloudflare DNS (aka 184.108.40.206)
Quad 9 DNS (aka 220.127.116.11)
- Go to the Control Panel / Settings.
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS.
- For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection > Properties.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection > Properties.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Select the Networking tab.
- Under “This connection uses the following items”, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab.
- If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK.
- Select “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- If there are any IP addresses listed in the “Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server”, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
- (Google Public) For IPv4: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- (Cloudflare) For IPv4: 126.96.36.199
- (Quad 9) For IPv4: 188.8.131.52
- Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
The use of VPN or ping boosting services is allowed only when your real, non-proxied location is within our Territory of Service (found in our Supported Countries article).
Please note that a VPN should only be used to improve your connection and not to circumvent a license restriction. We do not, under any circumstances, encourage the violation of our licensing agreement with the developers of the game and our Terms of Service.