Frequently Asked Questions
We know everyone is excited to play ELYON and we definitely share in that excitement.
Our Closed Beta 1 has finally been announced for May 6 - May 10!
You will be able to sign up on our homepage HERE. Please note that you must create a Kakao Games account and be logged into it in order to sign up for the Closed Beta.
- Q: Which countries are supported?
- A: Most countries in Europe, North America and Oceania are supported. A full list of all countries can be found on our support website: https://kg.games/supportedcountries.
- Q: What are the minimum specifications?
- A: You can find that information here.
Q: What languages will be supported?
A: For CBT1, only English will be available. From CBT2 onwards, we plan to make English, German, French and Spanish available.
Q: Where are the test servers located?
A: The EU server is located in the Netherlands. The NA server is located in California.
Q: Can I swap between servers freely with the same character?
A: No, swapping/transferring your characters from one server (or region) to another is not possible. In the case an additional server is opened during CBT1 and you want to play there, you will have to start from scratch.
- Q: Are the classes of Elyon gender locked?
- A: Classes in Elyon are not gender-locked. You can read more details regarding the classes here!
- Q: What types of mounts and vehicles will Elyon have?
- A: Aerial vehicles include airships, animal-type mounts, and bike-type vehicles. There is also a ground type of mount called a Mech that can be crafted.
- Q: Will my Closed Beta Test progress be wiped after the Closed Beta Test finishes?
- A: Yes. Once the Closed Beta Test has concluded, all progress made will be wiped.
- Q: Will my progress be wiped during the Closed Beta Test?
- A: No. Progress achieved during the Closed Beta Test will not be wiped during the testing period.
- Q: Will I also have access to the next Beta with this key?
- A: The Key for this Closed Beta Test (CBT-1) is specific to this testing period. You will not have access to the next Beta with this key.
- Q: What will the PvP content on Elyon be like? Are there instances for PvP/PvE? Will there be PvE only or PvP servers?
- A: There are instanced and open world features of both PvP and PvE within Elyon's world.
- Q: Are there different channels on each server? How many servers will there be on release?
- A: Each server has different channels. The number of servers that will be available on release has yet to be determined.
- Q: How often will updates occur?
- A: There will be no content additions during CBT1, however there may be downtime if game-breaking bugs are found.
- Q: What is Elyon's official release date?
- A: There is currently no official release date. Expect it some time in the 2021 Q4!
- Q: Will there be PvE only or PvP servers?
- A: There will not be servers dedicated strictly to exclusively PvP or PvE content.
- Q: Will there be servers, such as in Tera, specifically for multiple languages and one for all?
- A: Elyon will not be hosting servers specifically for multi-lingual chat or one for all. All servers will be general all purpose servers.
- Q: Can I reserve anything such as a desired IGN during the Closed Beta Test?
- A: Reservations for the official release of Elyon cannot be reserved via the Closed Beta Test. However, the knowledge about the game that you gain exploring the world may serve you well on your true journey!
- Q: What is this test focused on? Will there be any locked content?
- A: The build being tested is a copy of the January 27th KR build. Content does not fully reflect the current state of the game. There is no specific focus, play your way and enjoy this interactive preview of the world!
- Q: I have feedback regarding Elyon, where shall I send it? What if I find a bug during my time playing?
- A: As the current build is not the finalized version, you do not need to report any bugs during this CBT unless it is something urgent that affects the current test phase. More information about why we are using this build can be found here! If you have any feedback, please contact us by submitting a ticket containing your feedback report.
- Q: What’s the subscription/business model for Elyon? Will NA/EU version adapt to the Western market and communities?
- A: The business model that Elyon will use is Buy to Play, meaning that Elyon will be accessible after a one time payment for the game itself. There will additionally be in-game purchases as an available option. We are working on adapting Elyon's business model to a Western audience.
- Q: Will the Russian market be considered? Any IP Restrictions?
- A: Regrettably Russia is outside of our Territory of Service, and thus there will be IP restrictions.
- Q: How will you plan to address new content such as updates, outfits, pets, mounts for Global? Will we get the same timely content as Korea or different/exclusive content?
- A: Upon launch the NA/EU version of Elyon be slightly behind the Korean release as localization gradually starts to catch up in terms of content. Our goal is to be roughly 1 week behind the Korean service in due time.
- Q: Is the Slayer class going to be released on day one for EU/NA?
- A: Yes!
- Q: Will there be Energy buffs to improve the the Energy regeneration speed?
- A: Yes, however whether such buffs will additionally be purchasable via the Cash Shop is yet to be determined.
- Q: Will there be any benefits to party-grinding to make it more engaging, such as exp bonus, events, PVP and PVE content?
- A: As of the current version there are no benefits to party grinding. We are currently discussing with the developers how we can improve this aspect of Elyon.
- Q: Will there be any leveling restrictions for characters?
- A: There will be no leveling restrictions (level cap) in Elyon.
- Q: Will Faction change be possible during Closed Beta Test 1?
- A: Faction change will not be possible during Elyon's Closed Beta Test 1.
Q: When will the client be released?
A: Client pre-download will be available starting May 4th. Please be aware that we have limited capacity and unfortunately not everyone may be able to join. There will be however another beta test later, so stay tuned.
Q: Is it okay to stream live during CBT1 or create videos with content from the test server?
A: Yes, we'd be honored if you want to share your experience.
Q: Is this build what you’re intending to launch with?
A: No, the CBT1 build is quite far from our target release build. We are aiming to launch Elyon on a version as close to the Korean one as we can, with localization speed being the deciding factor.
Q: Why can’t we test the Ruby Shop?
A: We are still in the process of revising the cash shop along with the impact items offered in it have in the game, and we are not quite ready yet to show you our plans. We have therefore decided not to open the in-game cash shop functionality and instead make certain paid items available to players directly through an NPC for 1 Gold. This way, we hope that misconceptions regarding the state of monetization can be avoided.
If you want to be the first to know all the latest information, make sure to follow us on Social Media: